HELSINKI CHRISTMAS MARKET IN SENATE SQUARE OPEN

Saturday 3 December 2016

Finally, the official Helsinki Christmas market opened in Senate Square. The market will stay open until Christmas.

The weather was windy and cold, and I was so happy to visit the porridge bar of restaurant Grön! I ate their Christmas rice porridge and had their special glogg with pine oil. That glogg was absolutely amazing, like enjoying your hot glogg in the middle of the forest.

Since I was early, all the food stalls where not yet open, but it looked that the selection was improved a lot from last year. I think it will better reflect the food scene of Helsinki today.

You can find a lot of food items, handcrafts, toys and sweets among other things sold in the stalls. I am sure you will find something for your Christmas there.

The main attraction for children is of course the merry-go-round, which had a queue as soon as the market opened.

Here are some photos I took this morning.








No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan